The applications are processed only at the DEPARTMENT of Immigration Emigration in Colombo.
- Foreign national planning to apply retirement visa may enter the country by applying 30 day tourist visa through ETA (online visa)
- After arrival, an application can be launched at the DEPARTMENT of Immigration who will be notify the applicant its decision in writing within two weeks of the submission of the application
- Successful applicant will be issued a Provisional Visa Approval Letter to open up a fixed deposit Foreign Currency account in a bank of his/her choice in Sri Lanka and instruction letter to the Bank
- Applicant should remit the amount to bank and submit DEPARTMENT of Immigration the Bank Statement confirming the remit tance of US$15,000 and US$1500 for monthly remittance.
- DEPARTMENT of Immigration issues residence visa is valid for two years, which is renewable, will be granted to the applicant and dependents.