There is three -step application procedure:
- Obtaining Entry visa approval from the DEPARTMENT of Immigration in Colombo
- Collecting Entry Visa endorsement from the nearest Sri Lanka Diplomatic mission and travel to Sri Lanka
- After arrival in Sri Lanka, collect employment visa endorsement on passport at the DEPARTMENT of Immigration in Colombo
Steps to follow:
- Guardian should first have to secure placement for student in a recognized school in Sri Lanka
- Application for entry visa approval for Guardian should be launched at the DEPARTMENT of Immigration
- The DEPARTMENT of Immigration notify the nearest Sri Lanka Diplomatic Mission of the entry visa approval
- Guardian reports to the nearest Sri Lanka Diplomatic Mission to obtains the Entry Visa endorsed on the passport
- Guardian arrives in Sri Lanka (together with student and student must have student visa)
- At the port of entry, immigration may grant entry for specified period.
- Upon entering Sri Lanka, before the expiry of the visa given at the port of entry, the passport of the Guardian should be referred to the DEPARTMENT of Immigration for stamping Guardian visa on it.