- Foreigner intending to study in Sri Lanka should first contact the education provider and seek admission to a study programme
- Education provider should apply to the DEPARTMENT of Immigration for entry visa approval
- The DEPARTMENT of Immigration notify the nearest Sri Lanka Diplomatic Mission of the entry visa approval
- Foreigner reports to the nearest Sri Lanka Diplomatic Mission to obtains the Entry Visa endorsed on the passport
- Foreigner arrives in Sri Lanka. At the port of entry, immigration may grant entry for specified period.
- Upon entering Sri Lanka, before the expiry of the visa given at the port of entry, the passport of the foreigner should be referred to the DEPARTMENT of Immigration for stamping student visa on it.
Applicable government visa fee and tax for this visa type is Rs: 20,000.00 per year. For students enrolled in government Universities visa fee and tax is Rs: 10,000.00 per year