There is three -step application procedure:
1. Obtaining Entry visa approval from the DEPARTMENT of Immigration in Colombo
2. Collecting Entry Visa endorsement from the nearest Sri Lanka Diplomatic mission and travel to Sri Lanka
3. After arrival in Sri Lanka, collect religious worker visa endorsement on passport at the Department of Immigration in Colombo
Steps to follow:
1. Foreigner intending to work in Sri Lanka should first have work arrangement with employer / religious institution in Sri Lanka
2. Employer should apply to the DEPARTMENT of Immigration for entry visa approval (view sample approval)
3. The DEPARTMENT of Immigration notify the nearest Sri Lanka Diplomatic Mission of the entry visa approval
4. Foreigner reports to the nearest Sri Lanka Diplomatic Mission to obtains the Entry Visa endorsed on the passport
5. Foreigner arrives in Sri Lanka. At the port of entry, immigration may grant entry for specified period.
6. Upon entering Sri Lanka, before the expiry of the visa given at the port of entry, the passport of the foreigner should be referred to the DEPARTMENT of Immigration for stamping religious worker visa on it.